Martha Coakley exemplified this strategy in Assachusetts: Ignore the common American, kowtow to the rich powerbrokers, insult people needlessly.
Let's review key points of Obama's winning strategy:
- Do nothing to hold Bush administration war criminals accountable for their crimes.
- Reward Wall Street for its crimes.
- Pack your administration with advocates for Goldman Sachs and the Clinton-Reagan-Bush programs of deregulation, like Larry Summers, Ben Bernanke, Timothy Geithner, Peter Orszag, Austan Goolsbee
- Blow off liberal economists and related thinkers like Joseph Stiglitz, Paul Krugman, Brooksley Born, Michael Hudson, Elizabeth Warren, Nouriel Roubini, . . . .
- Charge the American people to support Wall Street billionaires's bonuses.
- Do little or nothing to aid average workers in the work economic downturn in generations.
- Fight disclosure of White House visitor logs until forced to by bad publicity.
- Stop disclosure of US war crimes at Guantanamo and Abu Ghraib by, among other things, keeping secret photographs of American atrocities.
- Repeatedly exclude labor from discussions on the economy.
- Repeatedly exclude advocates of single-payer from discussions on health care reform while including lobbyists and executives for big health insurers.
- Coddle right-wing extremists, conservative Democrats and self-serving bigots like Joseph Lieberman while excluding or actively badmouthing progressives and liberals.
- Fail to end the war in Iraq.
- Expand war in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- Continue extraordinary rendition while paying lip-service to closing Guantanamo and ending torture (but actually allowing it at Bagram, Afghanistan)
- Continue Bush violations of the Constitution by denying due process rights to prisoners at Guantanamo.
- Continue outrageous prosecutions of people like Syed Fahad Hashmi.