Richard Adams, of Britain's Guardian newspaper (infinitely superior to any US mainstream paper, including The Might New York Times (say amen)), has an essay entitled "Ten reasons why Nick Clegg is Britain's Barack Obama." I feel compelled to dissent:
Ten Reasons Nick Clegg is Not Barack Obama (And Thank the Powers that Made Us!)
10. Obama doesn't believe in the 'special relationship'I have been challenged on this last point. The Conservatives, I have been informed, are sickfuckcrazy rightwing self-serving freaks. But are they really as sickfuckcrazy self-serving as Republicans? Can anybody match Mitch McConnell, Tom Coburn, Michele Bachmann, Sarah Palin? Come on! Michele Bachmann. Sarah Palin.... We got the whole world beat by a country mile for sickfuckcrazy rightwing self-serving.
9. Obama speaks 1 language only, like all god-fearin' red-blooded Amerhcn patriots, by gum! (Gotta practice saying that, my British friends.)
8. Nobody in UK is gonna have a shitfit over Clegg's birth certificate.
7. Nobody in UK is gonna have a shitfit over Clegg's middle name.
"William Peter" is Nick Clegg's middle name? WTF?! (Isn't that doubley thing royal?)
6. Nobody in UK is gonna have a shitfit over Clegg's religion. (Uh, Clegg isn't Muslim, right?)
5. Clegg actually did community service...as a punishment for torching some prof's cacti. Again, WTF?!
6. Clegg actually understands there are countries outside his own. (Do any Americans get this?)
3. Nick Clegg is younger than me.
2. That red, blue and tan postery treatment...Clegg is totally unrecognizable.
1. UK doesn't have a sickfuckcrazy rightwing bunch of self-serving freaks called Republicans (or Democrats).